Two years ago, Oris watches unveiled its first in-house, series-produced caliber: 111. That watch – the Arteliier Caliber 111 — marked the beginning of a new movement development plan for the brand. It was also a very impressive caliber. As such, it is the perfect conduit to bring a bold blue dial to the forefront.
The engine of this watch, the Calibre 111, is a hand-wound mechanical movement with date indication and a10-day power reserve in a patented format. The non-linear power reserve at 3:00 is oversized and is a standout feature on the blue dial, and the single barrel, as well as the “worm gear” for the power reserve indicator, can be seen from the caseback. The caliber is complex and took six years to develop as the brand’s first in-house movement. The new Artelier Calibre 111 comes in a 43mm stainless steel case with a deep blue sun-ray dial. It is finished with a dark blue (or black) Louisiana croco leather strap, or a stainless steel bracelet. It retails for $5,500.
Technical Specs of the Oris Artelier Caliber 111 with Blue Dial
Oris Artelier Calibre 111
Ref. No. 01 111 7700 4065 LS, Ø 43.0 mm
- Oris-developed Calibre 111, hand-wound, 3hz, 21,600vph, single barrel
- 10-day power reserve, patented non-linear power reserve indication at 3o’clock, small seconds and date at 9 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case and stainless steel crown.Water-resistant to 3 bar
- Double curved sapphire crystal top glass with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed stainless steel case back with see-through sapphire crystal
- Blue sun-ray dial with applied indices and numerals, and polished nickel hourand minute hands with Super-LumiNova® inlay
- Dark blue or black Louisiana croco leather strap with stainless steel foldingclasp. Also available with stainless steel bracelet
- Luxurious wooden presentation case